05 March 2010

Liberty of London Fabric Bead Necklace Kit


When I began blogging two years ago, my third post was a "how to" entitled Louis Vuitton "Knock Off" Fabric Bead Necklace. Two years later I still get comments on this post. In fact that post has brought more comments than any post to date (I really would like to change that...I am envious of those bloggers that get tons of comments..I guess I am still trying to find my people and I am not giving up on that quest!)

A couple of days ago I received a convo from my Etsy shop asking "When are you going to put together those kits?"...you see I have been talking about "kits" for a couple of years. It has been one of many ideas brewing on the back burner of my mind for quite some time. I think the universe is calling my name on this one because in the last couple of weeks I have had more than one person talk to me about "kits".

If you have been following my blog recently you know that I have been hinting about my new website and "kits" are certainly going to be part of this creative project but in the mean time while I continue to build the site I would like to introduce my first DIY Whimrose Project!


Liberty of London Fabric Bead Necklace

The kit will include everything that you need to put together your own necklace.
11 wood beads
2 yards of Midori double face satin ribbon
13 pre-cut Liberty of London print fabric
blunt end stainless steel needle
glue stick
complete instructions

I don't think you will find these at Target when they premiere their line of Liberty of London print merchandise next week!

ps....I will personally select fabric and ribbon colors of your choice.
You can find the kits here

Coming Soon!
Whimrose Project's
A Design Source for Artisans of Stitchery

14 comments:

Katherine said...

those are beautiful. i love the packaging. this will be a big hit, i'm sure. the effort that you have obviously put into each one will make you successful!

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Good luck! The colors are beautiful and alive with spring inspirations!

twirling betty said...

Fantastic idea because cutting out all the strips and stuff is the least fun part - and now people can just do the fun bit! Love the fabrics too. Hope they sell like hotcakes.

froogal said...

The most challenging part of making the necklace out of Liberty fabrics is amassing enough different prints of the fabric. I have recently purchased a number of new prints to add to my collection and so that I may continue turning out interesting combination's for the kits.

Sister Lupita said...

You are on the right path!!!! Keep going, girl!!!!

jglitter said...

I am one of your "people"! Just want you to know since I seldom comment. But I don't miss a day in checking your blog for a new entry!

froogal said...

jglitter....Thank you for your support! I will continue to try and bring you interesting posts with great "crafty" ideas. I have a new project that Iwill be posting in the next day or two so keep watching.

jglitter said...

Will do! Thanks!

Amy said...

The packaging is amazing! Beautiful and I made a necklace. I posted it on my blog. Thanks for the help.

Marchi Wierson said...

great idea!!!

La Vie en Scrap said...

I want one!!!

Amy said...

Just found your blog today and LOVE it! So I'm wondering...did you get these kits together? I'd love to buy one!!

Anonymous said...

I, too, love your blog but I am not good at leaving comments. I am too busy making your creations! I made the necklace with Moda fabrics (Freebird) and get so many compliments on it! Do you still have the Liberty of London kits available. I clicked on the picture but can't get anything. Please say you have them. AnnaK

froogal said...

Yes I do have kits available. If you click on the picture of the kit on the side bar it will take you to my etsy shop. If you are still having problems let me know! Thank you for your kind comments.