02 February 2010

Healthy Addictions

filo di seta del ricamo
embroidery floss

Embroidery floss is my new drug of choice and the good news is...it only cost $.39 a fix! Imagine being able to purchase everything you need for a project and not spending more than $10...you may even be able to get away with spending under $5.

Standing in front of the DMC Embroidery Floss display is like standing at the bottom of a pantone rainbow....your creative juices take flight and before you know it you have dropped 25 tiny bundles of color in to your basket and you have not even spent $10!

When I got home dizzy from my fix I realized in my floss infused high that I had left out the basics...black and white!
...and guess what my next project is?
I had to go back to my dealer for some crack I mean BLACK!

2 comments:

Lydia, Clueless Crafter said...

LOL! I can see you now, on your hands and knees, eagerly hoarding all the colors under the sun in your basket feeling so proud that you're getting away with a steal. I totally love that kind of high, especially since I'm quite frugal on my daily expenditures.

Whatever are you making? I sure hope you get your, ahem, crack fix before you tweak out;-)

Kathy Gillespie said...

Lydia...You know there are not too many urges that can be satisfied at this price...we should try and find some more!
My next project...using only black?....I will give a clue to the Clueless Crafter, it is something to wear...cross stitched of course!