09 October 2009

Patchwork Felted Wool Hipster Scout Bag








I just finished designing my new fall bag! I used my favorite Vera Bradley bag, also called a "hipster" as inspiration. The size is perfect for my needs. I really like having a small side sling type bag for running around the city, keeps my hands free for grocery bags, getting on and off the bus and digging for keys.

I raided my stash of hand dyed wools and quilted it together with Liberty of London floral for the lining and interior pockets. I fused together a piece of wool and a scrap of Liberty to make the perfect little pocket on the back for my blackberry...no more digging around for that! The strap was made of 2 pieces of wool fused together, stitched along the edge and then cut with pinking shears. The finishing touch was inspired by the cutest little felted wool bag encrusted with military pins and badges from the Fall 2009 Chanel handbag line. I purchased my vintage badges on Ebay...I love that Boy Scout logo...BE PREPARED, and the British Woman's Association pin that reads...FOR HOME AND COUNTRY.

I will be offering one-of-a-kind bags like this in my Etsy shop.

No comments: